Tuesday, May 30, 2017
Thursday, May 25, 2017
Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Thursday, May 18, 2017
Last week was Teacher Appreciation Week and, to celebrate, Commissioner Stewart traveled the state and announced the five 2018 Teacher of the Year finalists. Along with our Macy’s partners, she surprised very deserving teachers in their classrooms and awarded each of them $5,000 for their personal use and $1,000 for each of their schools.
Congratulations to the five finalists! One of the following teachers will be named Florida’s 2018 Teacher of the Year at the Department of Education/Macy’s award gala on July 13:
- Katelyn Fiori from Vero Beach Elementary School in Indian River County;
- Juan “Diego” Fuentes from Hillcrest School in Marion County;
- Tammy Jerkins from Leesburg High School in Lake County;
- Vanessa Ko from Palm Harbor Middle School in Pinellas County; and
- Michael Miller from Kissimmee Elementary School in Osceola County.
Tuesday, May 2, 2017
On May 22, Broward County Public Schools will be holding a teachers fair in the Fort Lauderdale area. If interested, please take a moment to review the following posting:
Recruitment Event: Teacher Recruitment Fair - May 22, 2017 Job ID: 21924
Recruitment Events/Recruitment Fair
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) is seeking educators certified or eligible for certification in all core academic subject areas to:
- create and maintain a classroom atmosphere that generates high expectations and enthusiasm for learning by infusing critical thinking skills, application skills, interpersonal skills, and technology into an aligned curriculum and assessment process, resulting in measurable student achievement gains for all students in order to meet district and state standards.
- use assessment strategies (traditional and alternative) that are aligned with the curriculum and standards to assist in the continuous development of students.
- use appropriate techniques and strategies that promote and enhance critical, creative, and evaluate thinking capabilities of students.
- use an understanding of learning and human development to provide a positive learning environment which supports the intellectual, personal, and social development of all students.
Aspiring teachers without a teaching certificate can launch a rewarding career in the classroom through our alternative certification programs. If you have a passion for teaching, you may be eligible based on your degree major or if you have passed the Florida subject area exam.
To get started, you must have an application on file, and apply for our “Recruitment Events - Teacher Recruitment Fair” job vacancy. Our teacher recruitment fair will provide a forum for candidates to interview and interact with district recruiters in a central location. Upon review of your credentials, our office will send you additional information regarding the recruitment.
BCPS offers great incentives that include:
- Fully Paid Employee Benefits Package (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Florida Retirement System (FRS)
- Competitive Salary
- Verified Work/Teaching Experience Credit (up to 13 years)
- Advanced Degree Stipends in an Area of Certification (up to $8000)
- Training and Support for Non-Education Majors
- Opportunities for Professional Growth and Development
- Mentoring Programs for New Educators
Located in sunny Fort Lauderdale, Florida, we are famous for its beaches, arts, culture, and events. Broward County is a great place to live, learn, and work. This is the place to make a difference!
Seize the opportunity to work for an organization at the forefront of innovation in public education. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
We'd like to invite you to RSVP for the GKE Reading and Math Mock exam given by the Academic Success Center-inside the North Campus Library building 62. The mock exam will be moderated/timed to provide a real world practice. You may contact the ASC for more information at 954-201-2260. Please RSVP no later than May 10th. You may RSVP by emailing your student number and name to email@example.com
· On Saturday, May 20th at noon you may participate in the Math AND/OR Reading mock tests
· Wednesday, May 24th at 9:30am you may participate in the Math AND/OR Reading mock tests
We strongly recommend you take the exam(s) for which you have not passed.